About That Stray Cat


What do you usually do when you had a free day all to yourself?

I had a batch of plans in my mind—grocery shopping, going out for a jog, visiting a photography exhibit, and recording a ukulele cover. And looking after a stray cat is nowhere in that list.

I was all set to go out for grocery shopping, but then a stray cat was sitting right outside our doorstep. I went out and he circled around me, like asking for food or maybe to play with him (I assumed, the cat's a he because he doesn't have any mammary glands, though he looks a bit pregnant). It's a common thing that when you feed a stray animal, they will just keep on coming back to you and asked for more. I knew that, for sure. First and foremost, I don't like cats, I prefer dogs.

Nonetheless, I felt the urge to go back inside the apartment and get some food for him. He didn't eat it. I thought, maybe he's thirsty so I fetched him some water. And boy, he is. I left him, and went out to do my errands.

While I was at the store, it occured to me that the cat might still be waiting outside our apartment. So I bought a cat food in can. Sure thing, when I got back, he was already resting in our shoe rack, feeling at home. Then, excitedly, I fed him and gave hime some milk. He was eating joyously. It was strange how I felt a bit elated, watching him eat. I quickly get my camera and took some photos of him. I left him outside, and he stayed in the lobby the whole day, going around the units.



Unfortunately, I still don't want a cat inside our apartment. Funny how I got a bit worried, if it's against Singapore law to feed stray cats. Thankfully it's not prohibited. However, it is highly discourage by the government. Around night fall, my neighbor arrived and I saw him petting the cat. Then they went down through the elevator. That was a nice gesture actually. I didn't thought of it. Well, he's a stray cat after all.

I documented all of these in my IG stories, and my friends were messaging me how the cat looks a bit creepy, that maybe he's pregnant, or that I should have not fed him at all. Lol

Not sure why I even blogged about this. This is really so random. I guess I was a bit invested how this day turned out. This past few days, the episodes were getting worse and frequent. Maybe this is God's way of sending me a companion even just for a day. Maybe God didn't want me to be alone today. Maybe He wanted to send me a message that I am never alone.




You Might Also Like

0 commentaires