C'est le silence qui parle



After three weeks of "back to school", we are on vacation again. Yay or nay? 

Franchement? Je pense que, a ce moment-la, c'est pas tellement necessaire. Mais oui, c'est les vacances de la Touissant. Une semaine pour rien à faire :)

If there is one good thing that growing old has thought me, it is learning how to enjoy my time of being alone, my solitude. I learnt how to say "No, I cannot go out today." Not because I have somewhere else to be, or something else to do, but because I don't have the emotional or mental capacity to socialize, or to go out. I enjoy my time staying at home, listening to music while drinking my tea. I enjoy preparing my own food, and feeding myself. I enjoy doing yoga, even just for 20 minutes. I enjoy having apero by myself, a glass of kir in one hand, and a small plate of charcuterie. I enjoy reading, or watching a movie alone. I enjoy the little things. Busying myself with my plants, some house chores, writing, journaling,.. I appreciate the silence, the serenity, the slowness of time.

Savourer le silence, la sérénité. Parfois, c'est le silence qui parle. Etre dans la joie, meme toute seule. 

May people learn to normalise these. May people learn the power of saying "No". 

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires