Deux Mille Ving-et-Un

The day I left Singapore for good. 

I don't have anything in mind to write just yet. And in Lorraine's true fashion way, here I am, trying to reflect on the year that was three weeks into January. To be honest, I haven't really come into the sense of the new year. Probably because I unexpectedly caught the virus, 10 days before my supposed flight to France. But I am all good now, it is what it is. 

2021 was a year of losses, and gains, and of life's big decisions that were made over cups of tea, serious banters, of doubts and hesitations, and then finally just giving in.

Brave. If there is one word to describe how I was this year, that is it. I was brave this year, finding the courage to go on despite the loss and rejections. We all are, aren't we? Braving the distance from family after almost two years of being apart. Braving the loss of a loved one, and mourning with the family through virtual screens. Braving the repeated rejections from multiple job applications. Braving leaving the comfort zone. And really just by getting up every day, being brave, facing the day ahead. 

I had one goal at the start of the year, and that was being a French beginner speaker. Et voila! Je peux parler un peu le français deja! And will continue learning French in the year ahead. 

2021 is the year that I finally decided to leave Singapore permanently, and take a break from being a money/society slave. And indeed, that is the biggest life event of my last year. Thankful for that decision 'cause I finally got to spend a lot of time with my family. 

For what lies ahead for 2022, I don't know. Life is shorter than ever, isn't it? But I will be brave. I will continue to fight and build for the life that I don't want to regularly escape from. I will continue to celebrate small wins, to celebrate every day. Grit will be my word for 2022.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires