at twenty five.


At 5, I dreamt of being a princess like most little girls wanted to be. I fantasised being in an enchanted castle, wearing a gorgeous pink dress, waiting for her prince charming. I wanted to be Cinderella, Aurora, Belle or any Disney Princess I watched from my old, bulky VHS tapes or my big fairy tale books my parents gifted me.

At 10, I fancied to be a beauty queen. - imagined myself standing in front of a thousand of crowd, saying my name and age out loud, introducing my hometown. Surpassing a nerve-wracking Q&A portion, winning or maybe losing but still wearing a sash and a crown then waving with my fingers tightly clasp together.

At 15, I wanted to be a Flight Attendant - thought of travelling the world, learning different languages, meeting people with diverse races, culture and color. I envied the grace and glamour of being an FA. Or perhaps - I just wanted to experience riding an airplane.

At 20, I thought I should have become a journalist, a TV broadcaster, or a feature writer, or an editor, or maybe a poet or to top it all, an author of my own book.

At 25, I no longer wanted to be a Disney Princess or a beauty queen or an FA. There are so many things I thought I wanted to be but still felt adrift in the world. Then as wise years added, I guess all I wanted is still to be the same person as I am who will achieve and finish off that bucket list she made for herself.

"Many people die at twenty five and aren't buried until they are seventy five."

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires