Bukit Timah Railway | The Singapore Journal

Whenever I meet new friends in Singapore, I would always ask them: "Aren't you already bored here?" Most of the answers I get - surprise - is a "Yes". And then we would talk how touristy and how small Singapore is, how you could get used to the usual tourist spots, how you could go around the whole Singapore in just one day. If the conversation turns to be a good one, my next question would be: "Then what do you usually do on weekends?"


Somehow, it comforts me knowing that I am not alone in feeling 'bored in Singapore', that one way or another, we are on the same page. Or maybe it's also my means of getting first hand ideas on things to try to, places to go, food to eat, etcetera.  Or perhaps it's my way of saving myself from embarrassingly googling "free things to do in Singapore" or "offbeat places in Singapore".

Frankly, I found out about Bukit Timah KTM Railway through Mr. Google who said that it's a nice place for a photowalk. And yes, the place did not disappoint.

Bukit Timah Railway Station closed last 2011 and now serves only as a recreational place. There are only a few tracks left that could give you a rustic and quaint feel.

(Again, for a short disclaimer, as I always say, I am no expert in photog - just a shutterbug wandering almost always alone. :)

































You Might Also Like

0 commentaires