for the year that was & the year/s that will be



For the past few years, I have always tried my best to write something that would reflect on how my year has been. But my mind is too damn chaotic to end up with something my future self would consider worth reading.

So let me try now, before I run out of words, before I finally gave into the notion that my mind cannot put up with my heart.

2016 was a lot of things - both exciting and ordinary. I went to places my childhood self would never imagined going to - Cambodia, Thailand, Korea and a part of Indonesia. Seeing those places were like colorful postcards that have finally came to life. Learning their culture and experiencing their weather made me more grateful to this world that we are living in.

New hobbies have been found and obsessed with. Learnt to play the ukulele which in turn became a stress-reliever. Divulge myself into the practice of Yoga. Tried wake boarding for the first time that resulted into a lot of bruises and body pains. But still, with no regrets at all.

This year I finally found the courage to get a tattoo. And not just one, but two. Tattoos that will always be a reminder to live my life fully.

Then yet again, got my hopes too high, twice. Got weary and exhausted for someone who almost destroyed my guard down. Never learning the lesson that with less expectation comes with less disappointment. Almost fell into the society's trap that being 25 and single is a mediocrity.

But above all these, 2016 was a year of ticking off items in my bucket list, it was a year of learning, of traveling, of chances and false hopes. It was a year of figuring out myself. And I am beyond happy for the year that was.

So here's for the year and years to come, to filling my heart with more adventures, hopes, and chances. To finding love and compassion in all the wrong and rightful places. To traveling and seeing the world out of my comfort zone. To meeting new people, to just enjoying the ride and writing my own story.


You Might Also Like

0 commentaires