The Projector | The Singapore Journal

After years of succumbing into the trauma of watching a movie alone, I finally mustered up the courage to do it again.

(I had a very bad experience of going solo into the cinema and I don't want to rake the ashes telling you the indecent details about it. Time to leave it behind now.)


Since I moved here in Singapore last year, I have been reading about The Projector but I always brushed off the idea of trying it because first, I've no one to go with and secondly, I don't want to go alone. But the moment I stepped into the theater, I regretted not going there sooner.

For all the movie buffs and old souls out there, this place would be perfect. The Projector is an indie-art house cinemas that has two theaters. Yes, only two theaters - the Green Room and the Red Room. It's hipster-certified hangout place that would surely tick the golden age feels in you.

Most of the films shown here are either indie films or restored version of old films back from the 90s, 80s or 70s.

The location actually speaks for itself as it is conveniently located at Golden Mile Tower which stands as one of the oldest buildings in Singapore. It is near Haji Lane in Bugis. :)

Staying true to its tagline, The Projector is indeed not your average cinema. Go try and experience it for yourself. :)



Outside the cinema is this empty parking space that would make a perfect backdrop for an OOTD shot.

View from the parking space.
ONE SHOULD NOT MISS THIS ICONIC SPIRAL STAIRCASE.


They have what they call the Golden Bar which serves a variety of snacks and nibbles while enjoying your film.

I really loved this space beside the Golden Bar as it features a collection of quick reads.
LOL :))))
The lobby going to the toilet features these cool wall arts.


The walls of the toilet is all covered with movie posters.
An artsy ceiling.


Seats at the Green Room.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires