3AM Thoughts


How do we get to express ourselves clearly, nowadays? Are we limited to just a hundred and forty characters only or by selecting a status update on Facebook telling us how we should feel from their drop down list? Or maybe by taking a 10-second video in Snapchat during our daily grind and uploading it for the world to see? Or it can also be narrowed down to an impeccably edited and filtered photo on Instagram?

Everything seems to be perfectly curated these days, and even this blog is not an exception to that. I guess, we only let others see what we want them to see.

So let me get you in on a secret.

Sometimes, when it gets really quiet and the silence gets too loud to bear, I would always feel the craving for home.

I miss waking up in the morning, getting out of my room and asking, "Asan si Mama?" I miss the annoying noise that my niece and nephew makes to fill the house, especially when they are fighting childishly. I miss rummaging our refrigerator in the middle of the night, just because I am always hungry. I miss gazing at the stars on a starry night. I miss the smell of earth grass after a heavy down pour. I miss the lack of traces urban living. Ahhhh... I could go an all day telling you all the little details I used to not pay attention but now, here I am, suddenly remembering all of it.

It's just, I miss home and that..sums up everything.

"A home is a place where you grew up wanting to leave and grow old wanting to get back to." 

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires