The Script : Freedom Child Tour | Singapore Journal



For years, I have been a fan of The Script. Partly because I have a big crush on Danny O'Donoghue (what's with musicians, really), but of course, mainly because of their music, which, like Coldplay, really speaks from the heart. Who doesn't get emo with Breakeven, and pushed back from moving on because of the The Man Who Can't Be Moved. I personally have an emotional attachment with If You Could See Me Now, as it reminds me of a special loved one. Their latest album, I noticed, is more about the current world we're living in, how we have to be united, and be there for each other.


When they had their second concert in Manila, I badly wanted to watch, but I was broke af. I then promised myself, that next time, I will surely watch. 2015 came, and they again had a concert. I have no one to watch it with, and I still had no budget for a concert. So I contented myself with the videos uploaded on social media. Promises are meant to be broken, I guess.

Fast forward to November 2017, they announced that they will be in Singapore for the Freedom Child Tour on April 2018. My good friend Suzanne asked me to watch it with her. I am so very lucky to finally find a friend who shares the same interests as mine towards The Script. And that's the story on how I finally booked my tickets to my first ever The Script concert.

April 12 came. As usual, I wanted to be at the venue as early as possible. We were there at 7:00PM, and the concert only started at around 8:30PM. It was held at Singapore Indoor Stadium (same venue for the Ed Sheeran's Divide tour). Their venue was not a full house though. Only a quarter was occupied. But that didn't make the concert less fun. I was surprised on how me and Suzanne sang to almost all of the songs they played. That's what you called true fans. Lol Anyway, I wrote a poem using most of their songs to describe how that night went by.

It was 2013 when you came.
You sing about how the heart doesn't break even
And the man in the corner who can't be move.
I have always been in the army of your angels.
Mending my mad love with your songs,
but never one of the millionaires.

So I just sat there, and watched from afar.
A promise was then made, if you ever come back,
I will be there, with you, painting the town green.

Two years have passed, the energy never died.
But I was still a broken arrow, with nothing but love.

Fast forward to today, you're still in the hall of fame.
And for the first time in my kaleidoscope life,
I finally painted the town green with flares
and found that freedom child;
Sang my heart our and rock the world with you.
It was a night full of colors; of love, but not lovers.
We cry for the crazy world we are living in.
We sing for the superheroes that were made.
We jumped with our arms wide open.
We danced under the rain.
We scream for the wonders and happiness.

They may have been long gone and moved on.
But I'll always gonna be here, never gonna walk away.
That night, I am certain,
I have never seen anything quite like you. 




The crowd went wild when they appeared few feet away from our seats. Then they sang "Never Seen Anything Quite Like You". Can I just say how white this guy is? And oh, Glen is cute din pala. Haha

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires