Ed Sheeran's Divide Tour | Singapore Journal


I'm not entirely sure how to properly start this blog post. Because up until now, I am still in a concert high, and my heart is still overflowing with joy. Two days ago, I watched Ed Sheeran's Divide Tour at Singapore Indoor Stadium.


Way back 2015, when "Thinking Out Loud" can be heard repetitively everywhere,  when it became a national song for almost every one, in love or may not be in love, Ed Sheeran had his first concert in Manila for the Multiply tour. None of my friends wanted to go with me. But tickets were selling fast, so I bought two with no one go with. In my mind, "Bahala na. Basta magka-ticket ako." I can still remember how I was eagerly excited to buy the tickets while I was at work. Luckily, Crisza agreed to come with me. And the history of one of my best concerts happened.
When it was announced that he is coming to Singapore for his Divide tour, I was half-hearted to go since I was in a frugal mode. I thought it's fine if I don't go, since I already watched him in Manila. But I still tried buying through the website. Tickets were sold out in an hour. (Just like what happened in Coldplay.) So I let it go, and forgot all about it afterwards. Then a month before the concert, a friend messaged me asking me to come to the concert. Who would say no, right? It's ED SHEERAN!




I don't think there'd be any reason to dislike Ed Sheeran. He is a music genius, it is unbelievably amazing what he can do with a guitar, a loop pedal and his incredible voice. He was still that one-man band I watched two years ago. And damn, his songs can either make you cry for days or fall in love in a heartbeat. He made everyone fell in love with his talent, and his endearing personality.

He wasn't very talkative when I first watched him, but during the concert, he even cracks joke on stage and encourages the audience to dance like a maniac, sing until we have no voices left and just fucking have fun. SO I DID. I jumped, I sing, I danced, I waved, and I cried.

Days before the concert, I was checking the setlist from other countries. "Supermarket Flowers" was not included on any of the setlist. But then, he did it. He sang it for his Singapore audience, with all of his heart. Although, he actually mentioned that he don't want to usually sing that song because it's too depressing.

"Supermarket Flowers" is my favorite track from the album. There is no other song, that I could relate on a personal level like this one. It talks about her grandmother who passed away while he was writing the song. It reminded me so much of my own grand mom, especially that line "You go to see the person that I become" except that I only wish that she got to see the person that I am now.

Anyway, just like almost everyone else, I will forever be in awe with the talent of this guy. I will forever be a SHEERIO. It was another night to remember for the rest of my life.

I compiled all the videos I took that night. (You can hear me screaming wildly at the background.) But still, these videos won't ever give justice to the experience of watching Ed Sheeran perform live.


PS: The front act that day was LAUV. What a bonus!! He was clearly a talent.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires