Life and Etcetera—Blog Update


If you haven't noticed yet, yes, I have changed my blog name (and blog template) — from rainegazing to Look for Raine. I don't know why, but it feels quite the perfect way to call it.

I just got back from my Phuket trip as I am writing this, feeling a bit exhausted and sleepy but I felt the urge to write something down, to let my mind wander through this blog. Maybe I just wanted to pause, and breath a little. Too much has been happening and had happened lately. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond thankful for what I have right now, and for whatever life is throwing at me.

One thing that I learnt these past few months that have never fail to keep me sane is this, "Always have something to look forward to, no matter how small or big it is." Something that actually excites you; may it be cooking dinner by the end of the day, that big solo trip you've been planning for so long, or playing an instrument after a stressful day at work, hanging out with your friends on a weekend, finishing a book you find hard to put down, or talking to your family and catching up with life. This has been the way for me, trying to grasp myself at the very least. But then again, always keeping a room for spontaneity and quietness.

I am a person that was not made to be still. My heart, as strong as it seems, still can get weary. But I get up, fight and enjoy. So I will fill this space with all the little trips I had around Singapore, the crazy night life I finally get to experience in Phuket, and a few scribbles in between.

Allow me to leave you with an excerpt from my favorite poem:

"You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars, you have a right to be here.... 
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."
- Desiderata, Max Ehrmann

May this be a little reminder to you and I both, to be kinder to ourselves, to just keep on going; to just keep on pushing through and winning, or sometimes losing, but getting back again;

May your dreams be filled with whatever your heart's desire tonight.

Always for love, all ways,
Raine

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires