The Ukulele Therapy

Can I have another one of these, please? xx

I know I have talked about this before, my obsession with ukulele. But it was only recently that it dawned on me why I got obsessed with this little piece of instrument.

With the past few months, I noticed how that obsession never faded (considering I'm the kind of person who gets bored pretty easily.) I realized it was no longer an obsession, but rather, it became a therapeutic outlet; it transformed into some kind of an escape.


Some people think how ukulele is such an easy instrument to learn. YES, IT IS. A four-stringed instrument where most of the songs only revolve around 4 to 5 chords. If you know how to play C, F, G, Am, you're good to go. You will know how to play over a hundred songs. And that is kind of amazing, right?

But I believe it also matters how you put yourself into it; how playing gives me comfort; how it gives me some kind of a head space after a stressful day at work; how it can help me lift myself up from rock bottom to some absolute kind of heights.


You know the saying, "You can't be sad and play the ukulele." That, I think, is definitely true. Although most of the songs I play are melancholic, ukulele has this ability to transpose the song into an upbeat and joyful melody.

So do me a favor for once, go and pick up a uke. It might be one of the best decisions you'd ever make.


Moon River in Ukulele from Lorraine Tiglao on Vimeo.

Learnt this song in less than 24 hours and it was stuck in my head for a week so I decided to record it.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires