Wakeboarding at Bintan, Indonesia

I remember when I was in Grade 3 during our PE class, we were playing Sepak Takraw and my teacher scolded me because I was too afraid to try it. At the back of my mind, I felt like the ball will hit me anytime. It was then that I realized - I will never be a sporty girl. I was always that takot-sa-bola girl, much more when I tried playing Volley Ball. Uhmmm, no. 

But then four years ago (2012),  I went to La Union and was introduced to Surfing. And that is how I started trying our water sports activities. So imagine my excitement when we went to Bintan to try cable wake boarding.

Bintan Island is part of Indonesia's Riau Archipelago. It can easily be reach by less than an hour ferry ride from Tanah Merah Terminal in Singapore. Definitely a quick getaway from the hustle of the city.

Located inside the 2-hectare The Canopi is the wakepark itself which is the very first in Bintan. When we arrived, we were welcomed by the scenic, saltwater crystal lagoon. Yes, you read that right - it's saltwater. The water from the sea is being filtered by some machine into the man-made lagoon. Just seeing this view made me even more excited. Ang ganda!

I must say, the calm waters of the crystal lagoon was perfect for beginners like us. Although, it somehow looked easy gliding through the waters, it most definitely is not. Another thing I liked in Bintan Wakepark is that the speed of the cables are manually controlled unlike in other wakeparks. This makes it easier for beginners to learn faster. So if the person behind the controller knows that you are a beginner, he/she will slow down the phase of the cables.

One day wake boarding = one shade darker and a hell lot of muscle pain. The day after, I woke up with bruises on my legs and my whole body in pain. I can't even walk straight for three days. Haha! But no regrets though, I would gladly do it again!

Looking forward to the next session. :)
























You Might Also Like

0 commentaires