With a little spark of hope

To No One,

It's been a while now. I haven't talked to you for quite a long time already. I have been caught up of this life's everyday errands that I forgotten there was you.

I missed you, you know. How we used to talk endlessly for hours until the sun come shining in again. How there are things that only us can understand, our secret little rendezvous. How we both love the smell of old books, and hates coffee even if the weather is asking for it. How we hide under the intangible things inside the four corners of my dark little room. How we get lost in another universe while reading a damn good novel. How we can walk and walk and walk and forget the spinning world behind us.

Now, I only see the little echo of what is left of you. There was you, a bit of everything of you. Whenever I look at myself in the mirror and see those darkening bags under my eyes, whenever I pass by at the street noticing my fading reflection, whenever my chaotic mind keeps me awake all night. But it was no longer the questioning eyes we used to have. It was no longer the blissful frenzy like we used to share.

I have long stopped asking myself. I unintentionally left you and now I missed you. I guess, the inevitable happened, life.

With a little spark of hope left,
Raine xx

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires