La Union Hits at Flotsam & Jetsam

My life has somehow turned into some degrees more than 8 months ago. I left my comfort zone and the familiarity of my surroundings. But then, I met a bunch of new, good people. And to that, I am thankful for.

But no, I am not talking about them or that. Rather, let me take you to that awesome and chill place we recently dug up in LU, that up until now I have been daydreaming about.
Yes guys, welcome to Flotsam & Jetsam Artist Hostel. A living space celebrating art, music, design, style and life, all at the same time.


Whenever I go to LU, I always look forward to go surfing. But when I learnt about this artist hostel, all I wanted to do was to satisfy my lazy bones. Just because...why not?

You will be welcome by a very laid-back ambiance and hippie feels. Colorful bean bags and native mats are scattered all over the place. The open bahay kubo serves as the common area where you can bask and lounge any time of the day. And of course, there are musical instruments that you can use to play and jam with the other guests.

The single bunk beds are very comfortable with it's own single mosquito net and a mini electric fan. There are also air conditioned rooms  should you want the luxury of it. Unlike other hostels, their restrooms are surprisingly clean and spacious enough with hot shower. A backpacker's haven, I must say.


Their own cafe is another plus. Many locals and tourists willfully go here just to have their dinner or lunch even though they're not checked in at the hostel. And yes, they serve very good food and drinks.


Then at night, it will turn into more kinds of artsy fun. Various artists perform and share their music. My friends were supposed to play a set, but electricity was out so we just jam in the common area. We even got free pizza for giving life to that quiet night. Yay for that!


Had I known this place before, I would have always stayed here. A perfect place to fill that craving for road trips, sun-kissed skin, good music and laid-back atmosphere.

Shout out to this bunch of awesome to whom I spent my three days and two nights with!


Location & Proximity
From Flotsam & Jetsam, it'll be a 10-15 minute walk before you can reach the usual resorts and hotel in San Juan. Their beach front is not advisable for first time surfers but is a very good spot if you just want to chill on the beach.

Safety
There is a personal cabinet for every bunk bed and a padlock with a key is provided by their staff. The reception area is always manned by a friendly staff.

Room Types and Rates
Kubo Dorms (Fan Room): 780 per bed on weekends and 680 per bed on weekdays
Shop House Dorms (Fan Room): 880 per bed on weekends and 780 per bed on weekdays
Suite Aircon room with private bathroom: 3200 per night for 2pax
680 additional per person

Contact Details
Email: flotjetlife@gmail.com
Number: +63-917-8021328

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires